Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
National Coming Out Day is around the corner (Oct 11) and I just wanted to bring up a few points:
- don’t ‘come out’ as straight for laughs
- don’t ‘come out’ as an ally
- don’t do anything that trivializes the nerve-wracking, life-changing event of coming out
- don’t pressure anyone to come out if they’re not ready
- don’t out someone without their permission
- don’t invalidate anyone’s sexuality or gender expression
- don’t act like it’s “no big deal” if someone decides to come out
how the hell did we get the idea pink isn’t a cool colour
because scientifically speaking pink doesn’t even exist; it fits between violet and red on the spectrum but actually what goes there is infrared and ultraviolet and all those things we can’t see
pink is the ambassador of an otherworldly and unknowable realm it is the most badass colour out there
the best thing about oitnb is that most of the inmates look realistically tired and unkempt and don’t wear makeup and then there’s laverne cox looking like she just walked off the red carpet 100% of the time
Don’t forget we have to wake up Green Day tomorrow.
Ok just a reminder to everyone: If you’re planning on tweeting billie joe armstrong “wake up” or something tomorrow, DON’T. The song is about his father’s death and so it’s really personal and treating it like a joke isn’t the right thing to do. Plus he’s asked so many times for people to stop and no one listens so yeah. Please don’t do that.
Page 1 of 1303